Re: [IP] meter batteries

Hi Sally,

> How often do you change out the battery on the meter you use?

This is *strictly* a "RTFM" question.

The OneTouch Ultra "Owner's Booklet" clearly states on page 4 that the
screen's battery symbol "appears when the battery is low or must be
replaced."

Then, on page 40:

  The battery will provide you with enough power to perform about
  1,000 tests... The meter will alert you when the power is getting
  low by displaying two different messages:

  1. The [battery] symbol appears on the display with the unit of
     measurement when the meter is turned on and all other display
     messages are functional. From the time the [battery] symbol first
     appears, there is enough power left for about 50 tests.

  2. The [battery] symbol appears on the display by itself. This
     means that the battery will not provide enough power for a test.

Then on page 49, the screen is shown with the battery symbol
displayed in each of the two above cases.

> the one in the ultra my daughter uses 10 X daily has lasted for a
> least a year.

365 days/year x 10 tests/day = 3650 tests/year. The battery has thus
exceeeded the capacity claimed by Lifescan by a factor of almost 4.

Your daughter certainly won't go another year without seeing the low
battery symbol.

regards, Andy