RE: [IP] Re: alcohol

When I'm out drinking I tend to check my sugars more frequently and try to
eat some kind of food with the alcohol. As a rule, I don't bolus for the
"hard stuff" - unless it has sugary mixes in it (I usually avoid these
anyway) or wine. I do bolus 1/2 what I normally would for beer. When I'm
having the number of drinks you described I sometimes will wake up normal
but then run higher the next day. I also agree with the person who said to
be sure to have fast acting sugars and friends who know how to help you,
just in case. I've never had a low problem drinking (I love food too much!)

Have fun (carefully)! Oh, how I miss being 21!

(age 32)