[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V7 #292

In a message dated 5/17/2003 9:41:17 AM Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Subject: [IP] I am so sick of this

I'm in graduate school for my masters in nursing and while doing research
about the public health service and Medicare, I came across very interesting
information. In the 30s and 40s universal health care was being proposed by
the legislature but the American Medical Association was able to lobby
against it. They were afraid of universal health care as they were afraid of
not making as much money. I know doctors from other countries that have
socialized medicine. Their country pays for their medical school, so they
have no loans and then they come here to make more money than they can in
their own countries. We don't know what universal health care would be like
in America, as we never had it, but I would think it would be better than
what we have now. My husband is out of work and I will have to pay $875 to
COBRA his insurance, besides paying all the usual copays. That is horrible.