[IP] Re: Connie Hutchings email @ redacted

> Connie Hutchings <email @ redacted>
>   I am a 72 year old female and have been a diabetic for 60 years and
> have been using an insulin pump for two years and love it.

Congratulations on your longevity surviving IDDM!!! I hope you have all the
awards Joslin Diabetes Center gives to survivors. They give a bronze medal
for 50 years, and a certificate for 25 years. I had a major BASH (Bawling,
Amazement, Sincerity, Humor) on my 50th anniversary and Thomas Beatson had a
huge party for his 60th. You can see his pics at:
http://www.picturetrail.com/tombeatsonparty and mine are in my sig line.

To apply to Joslin: http://www.joslin.harvard.edu/contact.shtml

For those over 25 years and don't see the need, apply anyway and Joslin will
have you on record and you won't have to dig up very old records/people when
50 years hits and they are unavailable.

BTW, I started pumping when I was 43 after 33 years of shot(s) and two years
later I read an article that pumps could be used up until the age of 45. HA
HA HA - I asked if I had to give up my pump. That was 20 years ago and I'm
still pumping. Way to go, Connie - starting at 70! (~_^)

If I had known I'd live this long I would have taken better care of myself ~
Mark Twain