Re: [IP] Re: Diagnosis of a young child (kinda long)

----- Original Message -----
From: "liz" <email @ redacted>

there's also that
> assumption people make that you must be type 2 (ergo, doing something

Trust me, you don't have to be an adult to be accused of doing something
wrong to cause diabetes.  My son was diagnosed as a skinny little 7 year
old.  Now he's a skinny 9 year old.  We have always gotten comments like,
"He shouldn't have eaten so many sweets" and "Wow, he must have lost a lot
of weight since he was diagnosed."  People just unfortunately don't know
much about diabetes.