[IP] Age of diagnosis

 feel very sorry for
> parents/kids diagnosed after 5 or 6 & especially those diagnosed in
> teens.
> Isn't that pathetic?

I was diagnosed at the age of 13 - about a month after my 13th
birthday.  I will never forget the secretary coming and getting me out
of lunch and telling me my mom was on her way to pick me up.  I
thought oh how cool, I get out of school early today, so I went back
to enjoying my lunch snacks of chocolate chip cookies and a cinnamon
roll dripping with frosting and a Coke. Then when I got in the car and
found out I was on my way to the hospital - that was my breaking
point.  At least I had a good support system at home, my mom is also a
T1 (diagnosed at age 40).  This made adjustment much easier, but also
that my parents did not treat me differently and let me do things a
normal teenager did.

T1 18 yrs
pumping 2 years