Re: [IP] Re: IP Diagnosis of a young child (kinda long)

No, I didn't sense it then.  In fact, he had the test done every year
after that with no sign.  I first notice signsat home and immediately
took him to his new pediatrician, who referred him to the local
childrens' hospital.  He was in he honeymoon phrase, where he remainder
for the next year.  He only stayed in the hospital 3 days before he was
released. Even at five, he was taught to give himself the injections
which I drew up for him.  His insulin was diluted for us by the hospital.
We ordered it through the hospital pharmacy the whole time he was in the
honeymoon phase.

He didn't seem to have a great deal of trouble adjusting to the shots or
the diet as he had seen me doing it his whole life.  After the first
time when he realize it wasn't like the doctor's vaccine shot and it
didn't really hurt, he was OK.  I never had a lot of cookies and junk
food in my house, so he wasn't used to it.  I had taught him as a little
kid, the same way my mother taught me, that fruit was the dessert.

Of course, as he got older, and learned the ways of other children it
got much harder!

Judi in MI
email @ redacted>

Did you sense that he was developing it when you wanted