[IP] Re: Humalog

> >It
> >also means that Lilly hasn't proven to the FDA that Humalog
> >is safe and
> >effective for use in pumps.
> No, it only means Lilly hasn't filed an application for approval.  FDA may
> suggest that a manufacturer apply for such approval, but they cannot
> pro-actively approve a drug or device.

Once when I was doing research for an article on insulin, I asked Lilly's
medical director about approval for Humalog in pumps. He said that, when they
were first doing the trials, their objective was to get Humalog on the
market. Period. And, you'll have to admit, it's a heckuva lot better than
taking R and waiting half an hour to eat!

Jan and ElvisToo