Re: [IP] govt insurance

> It is to my understanding that COBRA is COBRA.  If you are covered by
> insurance by your employer than if you lose./quit your job you have the
> ability to keep your insurance if you pay the premiums.

However, read the rules: http://tinyurl.com/bvo3  OR

Here is a snip: "Federal employees are covered by a law similar to COBRA.
Those employees
should contact the personnel office serving their agency for more
information on temporary extensions of health benefits."

Notice the word: Similar?  Also, there must be more than 20 employees.

> As an employee, I paid $25 a month for my insurance.  As an ex-employee, I
> paid $250 a month.

We paid $38 a week, now pay $822.86 a month, $575 of it is for me - spouse.
Gotta have it though, it's my primary ins. and Medicare is secondary for
dialysis. I'm not 65 but due to ESRD am now on Medicare.

Rules are rules, except for the exceptions.