Re: [IP] govt insurance

It is to my understanding that COBRA is COBRA.  If you are covered by health
insurance by your employer than if you lose./quit your job you have the
ability to keep your insurance if you pay the premiums.

For example, I worked in a city school. Around March my principal and
superintendent met with me and encouraged me to quit and file for a
disability pension.

As an employee, I paid $25 a month for my insurance.  As an ex-employee, I
paid $250 a month.  Sure, it was expensive but rather that  than the
alternative!  In fact it was so important to me that for one month I had
double coverage.  One was my COBRA policy and the other was my retirement

Best wishes to you.