Re: [IP] re: sleepovers- a child's POV

Ashley said: "Please don't make your child feel
excluded because of diabetes."

I completely agree with Ashley.  Even though it's been
quite a long time since I was that age - one of the
things my parents made sure about was that I was NEVER
treated differently.  Certainly they were concerned,
but not once, not one single time, did they ever
prevent me from doing something because of my DM.  And
this was back in the dark ages of SHOTS!!

I attribute their attitude to my outlook on diabetes
and the way I live my life.

If your child is on a pump - why would you even
*think* to keep them from having a regular childhood?
Isn't that why you have them on a pump???

The original question was: "...just wondering if I
could ask what everyone else does when their diabetic
child is invited to a sleepover."

My response would be (if I were the parent of a
diabetic child) - "Thank you for the invitation.  What
time should my child be there?"

I hope your child has a GREAT TIME!!!

-gail in denver

Do you Yahoo!?