[IP] Re: Diagnosis of a young child (kinda long)

 <<There ISN'T an age that it's not a big deal. It is life changing. I have
really felt sorry for the parents of children too young to verbally express that
they are feeling low or high, thinking that that would present another
significant set of problems, but parents of children at any age with diabetes,
at least the responsible ones, are going to see this as a big deal, even if the
child can verbalize how they feel. >>

Kristen  -

 I am "almost" (gagging on my own words now) glad that Joshua was diagnosed so
young. He will never have known life without diabetes (sad, but true). He can't
rebel against the shots, refuse to get the pump, say "but I used to be able to
have all the Halloween candy I wanted at one sitting". . . I feel very sorry for
parents/kids diagnosed after 5 or 6 & especially those diagnosed in the early

Isn't that pathetic?

western Massachusetts