Re: [IP] Sleepovers

Now that Jenny is 14, she handles things herself and usually lets
herself run a little high to avoid the embarrassment of a low. Until
this year, I had her call me at 10:00 p.m. or so we could consult on the
correction bolus that might be needed. I also made sure the parents had
a 5 minute training so they would recognize symptoms of a low. I told
them to give her a boxed juice and call me if Jenny felt low. I also
asked them to remind Jenny to check glucose at meals and bedtime.

It is hard to let go. Jenny's starting high school and after school
sports  has forced me to let go.  She does fine when I'm not around most
of the time now.