[IP] RE: D-Tron Plus....good buy?

Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 19:03:11 +0000
From: "Anna Arcuri" <email @ redacted>
Subject: [IP] D-Tron Plus....good buy?

>I would like to get some feed back from D-Tron Plus users.  What do you
and dislike about your pump and are you happy with your choice?<

Hi Anna,

Ive worn insulin pumps for the last 19 years Disetronic for the last 9+ of
those years (H-Tron and H-Tron Plus).  In December 2002, I purchased the
D-Tron plus, and I really like this pump!
1.	It has a battery that lasts at least two months.
2.	You can get pre-filled HUMALOG cartridges (I use Novalog, but I find the
cartridges are easy to fill using the filling set)
3.	It has a backlight, so you can see the display in dim light (I use mine
as a flashlight if I get up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom
;-) )
4.	It has a computer interface via an IR port.  You can download abt. 1400
(or 90 days) of pump activities to your computer.  You can make changes for
pump programming on the computer and beam it back to your pump.
5.	There are two basal rate profiles for the pump.  There is also temporary
basal increase/decrease feature that is done by percentage.
6.	Many bolus options  Standard, Scroll, Extended.  The bolus increments
can also be adjusted to 0.1, 0.2, 0.5 or 1.0 u/h
7.	Its waterproof  -- as the H-trons before it were.
8.	The two pump system is wonderfuljust in case something should happen,
you dont have to go back to MDI
9.	Its very user friendly.

I dont know how old your son is, but there is a lock feature on the pump
if you need it.  It prevents any changes to the programming.

My Sales Rep was great, and Ive never had a problem with Disetronic
Customer service.

Note:  Im not a Rep for Disetronic  I just really like my D-Tron Plus! :-)

Robbie Bronder

Dxd 1978..Pumping since 1983