[IP] Re: Flying with supplies

In a message dated 5/12/03 8:41:46 AM US Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> It is never a good idea to put medications and absolutely necessary items in
> checked baggage. What happens if they lose your checked bag?
> USAir and American both require the insulin to be in the box with the
> prescription label on it, at least they did when I flew in Feb. and March.

FAA rules say you need to carry your insulin in a container with the
prescription label on it. My pharmacist puts a label on a pill bottle that I
can slip my vial of insulin into. As a bonus (I found out last weekend when I
was out of town), the pill bottle also has even room for me to put my
introducer needles into as well, so that gives me a little sharps container.

Jan and ElvisToo