Re:[IP] Medicare

At 07:58 PM 5/15/2003 -0400, Phyllis wrote:

>I am unable to find someone at Medicare who can
>speak on these issues. Has anyone talked to Medicare about this subject?

I haven't spoken to Medicare, but I can go back to my experience as a
medical equipment repairman in the Army.  Refurbished and remanufactured
mean the same thing.  It mean it has been restored back to its original
condition.  Rebuilt means that new parts were added when necessary, and all
the parts are in place.  The difference is in the calibration, testing,
etc.  A refurbished pump really is as good as a new one and as long as
Minimed will put it's warranty on it, you're covered.

Jim Handsfield
email @ redacted

The opinions expressed are mine alone and do not necessarily represent
those of my wife who runs our house and makes more important decisions than
I do.