Re: [IP] I am so sick of this!!!

> In a message dated 5/15/2003 2:30:12 PM Central Standard Time,
> email @ redacted writes:
> > (You sure have a lot to deal with!  You are a striking example of why we
> > need
> > universal health care.)
> >
> > NO WE DON"T!!!!!!!!!!!!!  We would not have anything we have today with
> > universal health care!!!

I guess you might have a point.  But, of course, it's wrong!  The clot
buster medication I received during my first heart attack was developed in
Germany, which  has universal health care, ten years before it came into use
in the US.

Today, many citizens are now traveling to Canada.  It's a beautiful country
and to my way of thinking, it has the best food around.  But those people on
busses are going for medication that costs much less in Canada for the same
medication to be had in the US.

Are you still watching those commercials with Harry and his wife?  Universal
Health Insurance does not mean the loss of profit or stimulus to conceive.
Years ago, these same arguments were used against Medicare.  Most health
care providers would scream bloody murder if the government tried to turn
the clock back.

Let's move ahead and stop living in the past.

PS. I liked your reply a lot Adriana!