[IP] Re: buying a pump

> I wouldn't mind getting some info from other pump users what made you
> on the pump you have
> Thanks
> Anna

If it doesn't matter to you, never mind, but be sure to check if the pump
you choose can have unlimited time on temporary basals. Meaning: I can set a
higher/lower rate from 30 min. to 24 hours, and can cut it off at any time.
Some pumps allow only 4 hours for a reduction, and 12 hours for a rise. This
may not be acceptable. For instance, if I were to set a temp for 4 hours of
a reduction ahead of time to do exercise and got a phone call completely
changing plans, I can stop my temp basal immediately and not wait out the
length programmed. If I program a higher temp rate and plans change for
whatever reason, my body doesn't have to accept that overage.

Perhaps I've misunderstood this on other pumps, but don't recall seeing
where anyone stated they can stop the temp basal.

Due to my sensitivity and pain with fast delivery of my first two pumps, I
love the clicks and slower delivery of mine.

These are important to me, but YMMV! (~_^)

Beauty fades - dumb lasts forever ~ Judge Judy