Re: [IP] that mother's day myth story

> I can't remember now but didn't the article say that the diabetic's own
> mother was an EMT? I'd hope that EMT taught her a little bit about
> diabetes, or that's one EMT I wouldn't want to be near.. ever..

Here's the sentence you are referring to:
"Even though my own mother is an EMT and she encouraged me to tell the kids
how serious things could be, I was reluctant to do that," Jauregui said.
"They're so young, and I didn't want them to worry."

I think they got a lot of publicity (3 feature stories in SBT and on all the
local news channels) while encouraging spreading false impressions. I sent
my *adjusted* <1000 word article. No rejection as yet.

Laura, I think much of your post should be sent to the Voice of the People:
email @ redacted no more than 200 words.

Why does a slight tax increase cost you $200 and a substantial tax cut save
you 30c?