Re: [IP] I am so sick of this!!!

In a message dated 5/15/2003 2:30:12 PM Central Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> (You sure have a lot to deal with!  You are a striking example of why we
> need
> universal health care.)
> NO WE DON"T!!!!!!!!!!!!!  We would not have anything we have today with
> universal health care!!! What incentive would companies have to make new
> and better products if they were not going to be assured a profit. I
> don't like the high prices either, with insurance or prescriptions. But
> I am glad I have a choice!!! You probably would not even have a pump if
> not for your insurance!!! Think about that!!! Universal healthcare has
> not worked anywhere it has been used.  I do believe that insurance and
> health care companies and drug companies need to be held more
> responsible for their pricing. I earn everything that I have and I have
> had to do without things to afford my health insurance. It is all about
> making choices. You are right... Life is not fair but no one said it
> would be. Make the best of it and look for ways or organizations that
> can help you. Sometimes it is best to take a job that is not at the top
> of your list but it has good benefits. I wish you the best of luck!!!

We were talking about this in my BioMedical Ethics class. Did you know that
there is only 1 other country does not have a universal health care system...
South Africa.  Even though the United States spends more per person on health
care compared to other countries, we still only rank about 25th in life
expectancy.  Just something to think about...

dxd age 7 1988  pumping 1992