Re: [IP] Anxiety

Andy said:
>are your sky high blood sugars due to bent plastic
>cannulas. I would bet that to be true and you are
>probably a slender diabetic.

I respond:
Actually - that is *not* the case.  I use the sils and
put them in at about a 20 or 25 degree angle - just
barely under my skin and not in all the way.  I have
not had a bent cannula in about 9 months (and yes, I
play tennis year-round even in Denver).

When I am playing tennis that is not part of a
competition (i.e. drill class or a social league) my
BGs are completely fine.  And I gulp down GU gel on
change-overs to keep my BG up (I'd rather eat than
lower my basal) :)

It is the adrenalin rush that occurs during
competition that makes my BG rise.  I have finished a
3-setter with a BG of 500.  I lost, of course, since
my body couldn't function with a BG that high.  It is
all about the adrenalin and the anxiety of
"stage-fright" (stress).

Thanks for your suggestion, though.

-gail in denver

Do you Yahoo!?