[IP] re: retinopathy

I have a question about retinopathy, which I neglected to pose to my eye doc
this morning and was curious if anyone knew the answer before I ask him upon
my next visit.  I have had 5 laser surgeries (thousands of treatments) between
my two eyes and need laser, yet again, to my left.  Is there a limit to how
much laser you can receive?  serena, who is wearing her shades in the house
and has all the curtains pulled closed (because of dilated eyes) on the first
sunny day in Boston in weeks and would rather be outdoors gardening!