Re: [IP] Anxiety

Guy asked about the anxiety-induced high BGs when
white-water kayaking...

Guy - I don't kayak, but I play tennis competitively.
I have the same problem.  I am VERY reluctant to ramp
up my basals to cover the high since the highs are not
consistent each and every time.

My suggestion is to try this out on a day when you
have lots of time...  take HALF of what you would take
to correct (for 300) when you first put in.  Get out
after 30 minutes (if at all possible) and test.  See
what happens at the next 30 minute mark, etc.

Playing tennis I have the luxury of testing on
cross-overs every other game.  However, sometimes that
can be an hour before I get to test again.  And
sometimes my BG is sky high - sometimes NOT.

It's not easy, but it can be done!

-gail in denver

Do you Yahoo!?