Re: [IP] Question regarding infusion sets

On Thu, 15 May 2003 09:53:06 -0400 Debbie Crawford wrote:
 > [snip]So, I am wondering if there are times when the insulin is just
 > getting in for some reason.  How can you know?   Should we go with
 > another infusion set just to see if we get more consistent readings?
 > I am just not sure and find myself second-guessing everytime I get a
 > reading that doesn't make sense.  Any comments would be greatly
 > appreciated.

There are lots of reasonable questions for which you will not be able to
get conclusive answers. People will tell you what their experience was,
but that doesn't necessarily mean that the same answer will work for
your son. You have to keep trying things. Some of them will probably
work, while others won't. The only way to find out if another infusion
set will solve your problem is to get some of the new infusion sets and
try them several times. There is a lot of second guessing in treating
T1, and very few simple answers. It's not easy!

Tom Beatson
dx 12/1942, 506 1995, 508 2000