[IP] Medicare

In a message dated 5/14/03 9:35:22 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> When I was looking into pumps last Fall Medtronic told me the Paradigm was
> not covered, but the 508 was covered.
> Shirley
That's Medtronic's policy not Medicare's.  Medicare only specifies how much
it will allow for a pump.  It doesn't care which one.  Medtromic's policy has
always been to offer it's older model for Medicare.  That's also why
Disetronic allows only one pump under Medicare instead of the customary two.
The only thing Medicare cares about is that a patient meets it's criterion to
qualify for a pump.  Which pump or how many is of no concern to Medicare as
long as the patient qualifies and the seller is willing to accept Medicare