Re: [IP] Re: IP Diagnosis of a young child (kinda long)

> As I bang my head against a wall....................
But then there is also the other side of the story.  When my son was two
and having routine baby tests blood tests, I requested he have a blood
sugar also drawn, not something that was routine done 23 years ago.  Dr
said that was not part of the routine tests.  I said that was OK, I had
no problem paying for it privately if the insurance didn't cover it,
that I wanted to have it as I had been a type 1 all my life.  He said OK.

I called the office a week later to get the test results.  They said
everything was normal.  I asked for a number of the BS test.  Nurse said
it was normal.  I said I wanted a number reading.  She said I would have
to talked to the Dr.  This happened on three more phone calls, each time
the nurse saying it was "normal".  Finally, I get the Dr and he says,
"The blood sugar was not drawn."  Needless to say, that was the last
time I saw that Dr.

Now, why in the world would a Dr refuse to do a simple test like this
when he was drawing blood anyway?  Twenty-three years ago, I didn't have
a home monitor to do it myself, but there was certainly no need to put
me through this when I was willing to pay for it and especially after
being told it had been done and that the results were normal.

Unfortunately, my son was diagnosed a Type 1 at the age of 5.

Judi in MI