[IP] Re: Flonase/Itchy site help

In a message dated 5/14/2003 6:34:16 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

>  have a Flonase prescription. Haven't tried it for this use. I can tell you
> that with a $20 co-pay, it's not cheap, and each bottle is quite small. For
> me this would be a "when all else fails" solution.
$20 co-pay sure seems a lot.  I don't think Flonase even costs that much up
here in Canada.  Can't remember the price, but I bought 5 bottles for my son
before we moved, so I wouldn't have to have the Rx re-written by another doc,
and I don't remember thinking that the cost was very high.

Also I noticed the house brands of loratadine (which is the Claritin drug)
are now widely available in Canada very cheaply.  I bought 72 tablets (once a
day, last 24 hours) for only $10. Canadian.  This will last my husband two
allergy seasons.

I have a question.  Flonase (fluticasone) is a corticosteroid.  Do these
affect bgs?  Claire has often been prescribed corticosteroids for her ears
and bgs seem to be wonky from them, but I'm never exactly sure that is the

Barbara, Mum of Claire 9