[IP] Re: IP Diagnosis of a young child (kinda long)

Yep!    The general public's stupidity on this topic can be VERY
frustrating at times.     Zach was diagnosed 3 weeks after his
3rd birthday  (would have been 3 weeks earlier, but I was in
denial about what I subconciously knew was wrong with him!)

For so long we'd hear the.........."Don't worry, he's getting older,
I'm sure he'll grow out of it soon!"

Then as he got older, there was the stupid comments of..........
"But he's so THIN!!!!  How could HE have Diabetes???"

Now that he has turned 13 you'd think it would stop.    But
since XMAS I've heard two people tell me that.........."Now that
he's starting puberty his body will start changing and surely
his Diabetes will get better.    Maybe he can switch to pills?"

As I bang my head against a wall....................

Barbara A. Petzoldt - Pump Mama to Zachary (newly 13,  Dx 2/93, 508 2/02,
Paradigm  8/16/02,  and now ANIMAS IR1000  3/18/03 ) --------and MaMa to
Jennifer (20), Allison (17), Rachel (newly 7)
Fenton, MO