Re: [IP] After Warranty Is Up

> So, how long does a pump last?  What's the longest some of you long-time
> pumpers have used a pump until it died and you got a new one?

My MiniMed 506 lasted 6 years, but my CPI/Lilly Betatron II 9200 lasted 9
years and was still working when the company quit making pumps - I couldn't
get supplies. I don't know how long it would have lasted, but I'm glad I
wasn't still using it! That pump delivered in whole units only, had one
basal rate. My rate was 21 - meaning it delivered a unit at a time 21 times
over 24 hours. It had a supplemental rate (additional), but it could not be
reduced. It was one of the best on the market at the time and the DE (no
*C*s back then) who trained me wouldn't show it to other patients because
they *didn't need all those bells and whistles.* Duh! It had several alarms
and could deliver a programmed bolus, delay for several minutes, then
deliver the rest. I like that feature because it hurt with the fast delivery
to get 6u all at once. I love the clicks of the MM pump!

I don't mind going nowhere as long as it is an interesting path.