Re: [IP] re: Ip - humalog

> <I think either brand can crystalize once out of the original
> container>
>
> while I have used humalog in my pumps since 1989 it is my
> understanding that there is research which has shown that humalog
> tends to crystalize faster than humalog.  Using humalog hasn't been
> a problem for me.  serena dx's '76, pumping since '89

I did read a paper that was published a year or so ago that made this
claim. One of the science people at MM who has studied this
extensively disputed the findings. The person that published the
paper examined a "few" cannulas with a "white" substance near the tip
and concluded it was crystalized insulin because there was insulin
present in the material. The MM scientest has examined a large number
of similar cannulas (my guess is thousands) and concluded otherwise.
As far as I know there is only this one published study and it is
suspect.

Michael