[IP] Ignorance of Ins. Co's. (rant)

My husbands insurance is about to go into effect.
So I called his employer, to find out what ins. co
they have, they were very nice and told me, gave
me the 800# to ask policy questions about diabetic
supplies and dme qq. So I phoned them, the first
woman I spoke with was quite rude and transfered
me to another woman. This woman was semi polite
after I explained my situation she was a bit more

I've never had "formal" diabetic nutrition classes, so
I enquired about them. She said, "what do you need
those for?, all you have to do is learn to control your
salt, you don't need someone telling you what you
can and cannot eat!" Well that about floored me, I
asked then what they're policy on getting a pump was.
She said, have your doctor write a prescription and
submit it, and there is a $500 deduc. with 80/20 copay.
I said, there is no carb training, required? The answer
was a firm NO!. Supplies will be covered though, after
the same $500 ded is met then a 20% copay.

heh, needless to say, i'm quite flabbergasted at the sheer
ignorance at this insurance co.

sorry, just nice to find others to vent to over the ignorance
of those trying to "help" diabetics.