[IP] re: diagnosis of a young child

we have to understand the emotional impact and reactions from learning a young
child is diagnosed with diabetes.  Being a mother, myself, I can only imagine
the possible reactions I would have, on an emotional level,( which often fogs
the cognition), if my child was diagnosed with a chronic illness or any type
of illness for that matter.  I experienced it with my mother and I was a young
adult when diagnosed at age 21.  With time, I'm sure the adults surrounding
this particular 5 year old will "get it".  serena dx'd '76, pumping since '89