Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 11:14:38 EDT
From: email @ redacted
Subject: Re: [IP] Diagnosis of a young child (kinda long)

The one thing that I feel is important here for people is to understand
the 'friend' everyone is referring to is really the sister-in-law of the
writer, and that it is HER friend whose child is newly diagnosed.  Because
the SIL is not going through the required training to learn about the
process and how to deal with it on a daily basis she(SIL) is very confused
about the idea of giving shots to a young child.  We can try hard to inform
as many people as possible, but in this case a person can only do so much.
This SIL is not personally involved and really can not seem to grasp the
idea.  One person did suggest that it be explained like HRT where the body
has stopped producing the hormone and needs to get it in another fashion.
That would be a really good way to explain it.

Otherwise, all we can do is hope that the parent of the child is learning
has good support system other than this lady (SIL to the writer of the