[IP] Re: Diagnosis of a young child (kinda long)

>>>It seems that a friend of her son's has been diagnosed with T1.  OK,
so no big deal, he is 5.  >>>

I'm sorry that 2nd sentence was included in the otherwise informative post.
It is a big deal for the newly-diagnosed, to the parents, and others
concerned with the child. His life is forever changed and needs constant
adjusting for the next almost century or until a cure, then who knows the
adjustments that will require. We rant many times how we hate it on this
list. :-(

Even the most well-intentioned family member can't truly understand what it
means to live with diabetes day in and day out ~ Melissa, a teen IPer