Re: [IP] Diagnosis of a young child (kinda long)

 WOW give her time! Quite frankly it is the end of the world as far as all that
family is concerned they need time to register all that info - unless the have
members in the family w D and even then it is harder when it is a child it is a
big slap in the face.

 Now the fack that that is a family friend is a little different - the parents
are the ones with the real problems but still it is quite a shock none the less.

 If I didn't have D and my child or for that matter one of the little ones I
babysit I'd be saying the same thing holding on to that last hope - thinking oh
maybe the tests were mixed and she ok, or ya but she only needs one needle and
thats it, or she doesn't need needles till she older right?
 You need to be there and support them, and try to educate them GENTLY don't be
throwing out if you don't give her needles she'll go blind or die in one year -
that will send them deeper into denile. Tell them how its tuff but with help and
a little time things get easier and so on.

Good luck!

Summer (dx'd 1986 at age 4)
Pumping Nov.12/02 - Blue Paradigm