RE: [IP] Humalog - was A. Joel Krueger

Margo [mailto:email @ redacted] wrote:

> I know that Humalog is the brand of insulin mentioned in
> Pumping Insulin and
> one of the promotional material on pumps mentions that
> Humalog has not been
> approved for pump use but that Lilly is awaiting approval.

FDA approval only impacts the manufacturer as to how the item - Humalog in
this case - may be marketed.  Physicians may prescribe Humalog, and most
other drugs, they way they deem appropriate.  I've heard the argument about
crystallization, but I never had that kind of problem with Humalog.  I now
use Novolog because its activity curve seems to more closely match the way
my body works.

Jim Handsfield