Re: [IP] Rachel Jauregu story

SSP wrote, in part:
> What kind of a journalist wrote this inaccurate piece of drivel??? <snip>
> If she was so stupid as to think that JUICE was the answer to
> her high blood sugar problem, then she has a lot more problems than god
> can solve right now.  She needs EDUCATION...and sadly, this story does
>  NOTHING in that area

Kristen responded, in part:
>>>I think the problem in this story is the journalist.  You asked what kind
journalist wrote that drivel?  A short answer would be an incredibly
irresponsible one.  I'll speculate further that she was pressed for time,
and didn't research the subject, diabetes, adequately before writing her

I'm talking again:
Sadly, she replied to me that she asked Bayer Diagnostics (Glucometer people
in Elkhart - very nearby) that they agreed with her!!!!! Here is a snip from
her reply to me: "Nowhere in the
article is anyone advising to treat DKA with sugar.  But it was an accurate
recounting of what she said happened.  And experts at Bayer, Diagnostics
Division, have corroborated her explanation and the terms she used." Now,
does that mean the terms were accurate, however, the context for the use of
the terms was not?

Kristen wrote:
>>>I SURE HOPE the paper does something to rectify this story.
though, it won't make up for all the people who read the initial article and
don't read the correction. Jan, please keep us informed if they do!>>>

Me some more:
When this story was originally printed in the paper when it happened, I was
shocked at how it went down. I did nothing. When TWO feature stories came
out about on Mothers Day, I brought it to IP's attention and couldn't let it
pass. They are just continuing on this *treatment* and false info.

Again, the place to write with your opinions: email @ redacted

The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are
evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. -- Albert