Re: [IP] Flying

> Sometimes I've been asked to suspend the pump's
> operation during takeoff and landing.

This is not necessary, and is a recommendation made by someone who doesn't
understand how pumps work.  It is based on the faulty assumption that your
pump is like a cell phone or a laptop and needs to be shut down.

The next time this is recommended, just smile agreeably and tell them that
as soon as all non diabetics on the flight shut off insulin production in
their pancreases, you will do the same with your external one, but not

Or, you could always say yes and then do nothing of the sort.

I'm waiting to hear about someone on oxygen being told to shut that off for
take off and landing, too!

dxd 1985, pumping since 1990