Re: [IP] RE: To pump or not to pump

----- Original Message -----
From: "margo2" <email @ redacted>
To: <email @ redacted>
Sent: Tuesday, May 13, 2003 12:49 PM
Subject: RE: [IP] RE: To pump or not to pump

. I am not a Type II but
> I do produce a small, small amount of insulin and I am really looking
> forward to gaining better control.
> Margo

As a new pumper myself, I have to totally agree with the past two posts. I
also am classed as a T1, but produce a small amount of insulin still myself.
I was taking Lantus (18u a night) and Novolog (10:1 ratio) most times I
couldn't achieve numbers lower then 200 at anytime. I also have chronic back
problems/pain. Since pumping in 3.5weeks I've seen my first sets of 80's
since I was diagnosed almost 3yrs ago. Lantus didn't cover me for the full
24hrs, I even tried 2 split doses and for a month 3 splits with it, no help.
I only convienced myself pumping was what I needed when I shot Novolog for 1
month, every 1hr (lol thank god i'm an at home mom) was I able to get into
the 120's and stay there.

I told my husband, for me to give up pumping, i'll have to be 6ft under from
this point on!