[IP] cortisone shot - HELP

Hi Debby,
   I rec'd a cortisone shot last year for my frozen shoulder. My BG's quickly
shot into the 500's. I wound up doubling and sometimes tripling my insulin
for a period of about 5-6 days. I remember staying up one night ALL night
checking every half hour or so and giving correction boluses. I called my
endo (who was not the dr who gave the shot) to ask how long the cortisone
would affect my BG. The answer I rec'd was it depended upon the type/ amount
of cortisone.
   My best advice to you would be test, test, test and correct as needed.
Hang in there.