Re: [IP] Re: Switching Insurance companies

> > .   the problem with the university insurance at
> > carleton is that they probably know that most students don't even bother
> > use it during the year, or opt out because they have parents with
> > (and they're young enough to be covered), so the few of us with
> > pre-existing
> > conditions who have been voicing our complaints don't get listened to.
> >
> So are you saying that the student insurance does NOT cover pump supplies?
> Because if we move to Canada, my kids will be at University.

it depends completely on the insurance plan the university chooses.  if
you're going to be working in canada, and they have an insurance plan, a lot
of them will cover your children while they're in school.
the insurance plan that my university chose (from green shield) covers very
little supplies, and up to $2000/yr on medicines, which includes insulin.
other universities may choose different insurance plans which may cover it.
have your children been accepted to university already up here?  or is this
something in the future?