[IP] I am not sick

I went to the metabolic day centre this week for a checkup and it finally
dawned on me why i don't like going.  first of all i am better informed then
they are regarding all questions about my pump.  They don't refer me to
anyone that does.  I asked to have my infusion set changed because my skin
was having a reaction with the teflon.  The person who helped me had never
seen an infusion set.  Had never dealt with pumps in any capacity.  She did
not know what to give me.  I had to tell her what material to read to get up
to speed in order to help patients.  I recommended Pumping Insulin to her.
When i do ask for something it is like i annoy them with my eagerness to
learn and adapt my lifestyle to my diabetes.  I am 34 years old and very
active.  I go to the gym,  i run a very busy business with my brother.  I
HATE IT WHEN THEY, THE NURSES AND DOCTORS TREAT ME LIKE I AM AN INVALID.  i
go to the centre for technical support.  I am a healthy vibrant outgoing
person who just so happens to have diabetes, and i hate always fighting the
social stygma of having diabetes, people automatically assume i cannot do
certain things.
Thanks for listening to my rambling, sometimes i just need to get ideas of
my chest.
your fellow pumper

Giovanna