RE: [IP] Re: proprietary sets

You're right, freedom is great here and choices are super too. I'm glad I
have the freedom to get the pump that suits my needs, and not the pump that
the cde was pushing so hard for and I really would like to know what is
behind that. They said they had all the pumps when I made the appointment,
but when I got there, only one pump was pushed and I don't feel that is
right, for
anyone. No one pump will be right for everyone Jan and you should know this.
What I find offensive was the way this situation was handled at the diabetes
center and I would have felt the same way had they pushed Disetronic and not
stated facts and given no choice. Maybe I'm wrong here but I believe in
fairness and facts, which wasn't the case. Meanwhile, I'm still waiting for
that one company to call me back as I left a message last Wednesday. In my
opinion, I am not bashing anything here, I have stated what happened and
what the facts in my case have been, that's all. Glad you're a happy user
and have not had problems and before I would choose a Paradigm I would
choose the 508 if I were purchasing a MiniMed product. I am, however, not
purchasing one because I couldn't get through to the company and spent lots
of time holding on the phone. You know about the salesman whom I spoke with,
that didn't know the product. Further, as I stated, no call back from the
company so I made another choice. Each pump company offers different makes
and the bottom line is to choose the pump that suits you best.

> I wonder why the Paradigm has the proprietary connection. Possibly so that
users are forced to only buy their
products? >

A distinct possibility, however, they *said* it was to keep it watertight.
Many users have chosen the Paradigm, and many have not. That's what choice
is all about and it's really not up to us to say they made a bad choice. Ya
gotta love America and FREEDOM.

Methinks someone is VERRRRY much against MM products and not even a user.
I've been a happy user of MM since '92 - pumping since '83. My first pump
company quit mfging pumps and I chose MM over the other company's *ugly*

I won't bash your model of vehicle if you won't bash mine. 'nuff said.

You can't have rainbows without rain