Re: [IP] Top Tips

In a message dated 5/7/2003 2:09:00 PM Central Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> You can disconnect, plug the insert, and then reconnect.  The only important
> thing to remember is that you must prime again when you reconnect. I prime
> 0.6
> unit.

Why are you priming 0.6?  Are you doing this before you reconnect?

When I disconnect for a shower, I do not suspend the pump.  Prior to
reconnecting, I hold the pump higher than the tubing and wait for a drop of
insulin to appear at the end of the tubing and then reconnect.

Julie   (please save your cancelled postage stamps and mail them to
           Mr Maynard Guss    9593 NW 26th Place  Sunrise, FL  33322.
          This is an on-going fund-raiser for an organization called ASAP.
  <A HREF="www.asap4sm.org">www.asap.org</A> My daughter has this rare brain