From: email @ redacted
Date: Saturday, May 10, 2003 7:16:13 AM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: [IP] Andy

Andy, since you have been on the MM pump since 1985 possibly you can set me
straight. I have the book Pumping Insulin and the only insulin mentioned is
Humalog, which I have been on since it came out. Someone mentioned a book
covering using Humalog, I think it stated that there was a specific book on
this subject but I couldn't find it at Amazon. I cleaned up the inbox
thinking that all emails would go under "IP" but, not so, and I can't find
the post. Is there a book covering this subject or is the subject contained
in the book I have?

Sorry you're having problems and, if I understand the situation correctly,
you cannot use some other company's infusion sets? From what I am seeing in
the comparisons, if you have a MM and not the Paradigm, because of the luer
lock, you should be able to get an infusion set with a straight metal needle
and I think Disetronic is still offering that option. I don't know about the
other companies because I'm still learning.....:)

I have used MM pumps since 1985. I used exclusively the old straight bent
steel needle that for a thin guy like me worked great. They stopped making
them about a year ago. MISTAKE!!!!!. I have not found an infusion set since
I got my Paradigm pump about 8 months ago. All those plastic cannulas bend
and you don't get a notice of occlusion so your blood sugar soars. I only
use 25 units a day. MM just does not want to address the problem. They don't
answer my letters there phone people are nice but don't address the problem
they just send samples of plastic cannulas.

Frankly it is a real medical nightmare.