[IP] occlusions & ? - is insulin potent

On MM 508 I've been notified a couple of times of occlusions -- once for
bent canula and once when the tubing was evidently crimped.   However,
what I would really like the Powers-That-Be to come up with is a litmus
paper type of test to check the efficacy of insulin/humilin.  You know,
something where you put a drop of insulin/humilin on the test paper and
it tells you if it's good or not.  This would save us untold hassles when
heat (especially) ruins our supply and we're told to throw the bottle/s
away or wait and see if we get sick.  sheesh! Thanks for any help on this