[IP] RE: Suspending pump and curiosity

>I see absolutely no purpose in the suspend feature if it is as everyone else
suggests. <

Suspend features will vary as to why they are available. The engineering
/development group of the pump company should be able to give you the
rationale for this programming feature. I would check with your pump company.
The manual for your pump may have some information for the use of this

I think your educator is misinformed about the pump giving you what has been
omitted during suspension of the pump.  I am not aware that any pump does
this when basal delivery is resumed. It resumes the programmed basal at the
point in time when you resume delivery.  If suspended for 2 hours, then BG
will be on the rise, but it will take about two hours for the resumed basal
to peak, so you might need to enter a bolus for what was missed for those two
hours, or pre-bolus for the basal that will be missed during a 2 hour
Most people do not need to suspend for a short disconnection for a shower or
bath, just keep the basal running to prevent air backup in the tubing.