[IP] Scar Tissue & Infusion Changes?

Hello all,

I'm looking for a little clarification and/or input.

I see a lot of different timelines for people changing their infusion
sets.  Some change religiously at the times recommended by the pump
companies, others go until their sites deteriorate, or any time in

Does anyone out there know what causes more or worse scar tissue -
changing often (more "pokes"), or leaving a set in for an extended
amount of time?

After pumping for a long time, are there folks out there who cannot use
certain areas due to the scar tissue?  What do you do then?

Any general discussion would be enjoyed...

Scott K. Johnson
email @ redacted

    "Diabetes is like being expected to play the piano with one
     hand while juggling items with another hand, all while
     balancing with deftness and dexterity on a tightrope"
                     Marlene Less, 1983

For information regarding diabetes and insulin pumps,
see http://www.metro-pumpers.org