At 04:25 PM 5/8/2003 email @ redacted wrote:
 >i want off the list if i have to pay money.

Nobody is required to pay any money. However, just like Public TV and Radio
we do have bills to pay and we rely on voluntary member contributions to
keep the list going. Nothing in this world is free and someone has to pay
the costs somewhere. So, until we're fully supported by someone with very
deep pockets, asking for contributions is the only way we have.

Michael works for way less than minimum wage and all the rest of us are
strictly volunteers. Fortunately, Michael only does these Pledge Drives
quarterly, so fundraising is not an ongoing activity that goes on all of
the time.

Sam Skopp