RE: [IP] Question: One Touch Smart

FYI - the One Touch UltraSmart is the BEST blood glucose monitor in my
experience.  I truly love it!  It is worth the money even if you never get
reimbursed.  I quickly see results, trends, and it pushes me harder to meet
my goals for lower blood sugar readings.  I also see what happens (quickly)
when stress affects my life (particularly at work and before lunch).  Now
that I am on the pump, it readily takes in my insulin doses by 0.1 units.
Remember - these gadgets (monitors, pumps) are just tools to help you attain
better control.  Some of us (me included) love having the monitor that shows
trends immediately (plus I just started using the software - which is quite
cool even through it has some glitches).  Without you actively dealing with
diabetes and using whatever tools work best for you, control will always be
a bit out of whack.

As for the doctor's prescription for strips - bother him/her.  Remember they
work FOR YOU!

Good luck.

Carrie L. Herbel
Collections Manager/Instructor/Preparator
Museum of Geology
South Dakota School of Mines & Technology
501 East Saint Joseph Street
Rapid City, SD  57701
Office:  605-394-2487
Fax:  605-394-6131